Commonly known as pincushion or Speldekussing (Afrikaans) or Bobbejaanklou (Afrikaans)
- This is the most popular and easy to grow pincushion.
- It is a rounded, spreading shrub growing up to 1.5m in height with a spread of 2m.
- The flowers range in colour from shades of red, orange to bright yellow.
- It flowers in the summer and is an exceptionally attractive plant for any garden.
- It is a very strong grower, is hardy and is a wonderfully long lasting and showy cut flower.
- It is hardy to USDA zone 9.
- Seeds should be sown in autumn.