Leonotis leonurus, Wild Dagga, Lion's Ear
- It grows to a height of about 2 m.
- This is a showy shrub with brilliant orange velvety flowers, with long upper parts which stay in good condition for longer than the lower petals.
- It has four angled leafy stems and the leaves are coarse and hairy and occur in pairs.
- It is a very adaptable plant and will grow almost anywhere.
- It requires a sunny position.
- Plant seeds in autumn.
- Hardy to USDA zone 8.
- Will attract sunbirds to your garden.
- An infusion is made of 2-3 cups of leaves, stems and flowers in a litre of boiling water and left to cool.
- When added to your bath, this will give relief to muscular aches and pains, itchy skin and eczema.
- You can also dab it directly onto bites, boils and bee stings.
Price per pack of 10 seeds :