Crane Flower, Rush leaved Strelitzia
- It grows to a height of 1-2m, with long, upright, rigid, needle-like leaves, forming clumps which are attractive in their own right.
- This is one of the most striking ornamental plants in South Africa.
- The flowers are a dramatic blue/purple and orange and have a distinctive shape resembling the head of a bird- hence the name 'Crane flower'.
- Although the leaves are very different, the flowers are very similar to the Strelitzia reginae.
- Flowers appear from end of autumn through to mid spring.
- They are slow growers, but once established are long-lived.
- They require full sun to flower well, can survive with little water and can tolerate light frosts.
- They are spectacular as cut flowers and last well.
Price per 1 single seed :