Large thatching reed, (Afrikaans: duineriet, olifantsriet, dekriet)
- This robust species forms large tussocks, growing to a height of 1.5m.
- The stems, because of their heaviness, are used for thatching.
- This attractive species grows in acidic or alkaline soils and does well in hot, windy, coastal areas.
- It is long lived and the clumps increase by means of their strong rhizomes.
- It is a stunning accent plant and grows well with other fynbos species.
- Flowering occurs from autumn to winter.
Price per pack of 10 seeds :