Bitter Aloe or Red Aloe
- Commonly known as Bitter aloe or red aloe.
- It grows as an erect single stemmed succulent to height of about 3m and spread of 1m.
- The succulent leaves are are thick and spiny along the edges and attractive even when plant not flowering.
- The flowers are a stunning bright orange/red color and when in full bloom look like long candles.
- They are full of nectar attracting insects and birds.
- Flowering occurs in winter to spring.
- Probably one of the best known aloes in South Africa due to it's healing properties.
- The jelly like flesh from the inside of the leaves is considered to have excellent wound healing properties.
- The well known Aloe ferox gel is made from the whole aloe leaf and is used extensively in the cosmetic industry.
- It soothes, nourishes, moisturises and heals damaged skin cells and is used as a basic ingredient in complete ranges of skin care creams.
Price per pack of 10 seeds :