- Commonly known as Bitter aloe or red aloe.
- It grows as an erect single stemmed succulent to height of about 3m and spread of 1m.
- The succulent leaves are are thick and spiny along the edges and attractive even when plant not flowering.
- The flowers are a stunning bright orange/red color and when in full bloom look like long candles.
- They are full of nectar attracting insects and birds.
- Flowering occurs in winter to spring.
- Probably one of the best known aloes in South Africa due to it's healing properties.
- The jelly like flesh from the inside of the leaves is considered to have excellent wound healing properties.
- The well known Aloe ferox gel is made from the whole aloe leaf and is used extensively in the cosmetic industry.
- It soothes, nourishes, moisturises and heals damaged skin cells and is used as a basic ingredient in complete ranges of skin care creams.
Posting systems for international orders are once again functioning. There are, however, delays happening currently, probably due to Covid 19 protocols & fewer flights, and many orders are taking 7-10 weeks to arrive. We thank you for your patience.
Please also take note of your countries import requirements on the Home page.
NB - If you choose to ignore import requirements for your country, we will not reimburse you for orders that are not delivered successfully
We hope you and your families are safe and healthy where ever you are in the world.