burn jelly plant, cats tail, snake plant
- It is a succulent perennial plant with stems up to 30 cm in length.
- The leaves grow in a rosette fashion and are smooth and fleshy.
- The flowers are delicate yellow flowers carried on a single stem.
- It is drought, heat and frost resistant and spreads into attractive clumps.
- These clumps can be divided up.
- It can also be grown indoors as a pot plant.
- Sow seeds in spring or autumn.
- The juice or sap from the leaves is widely used in treating burns, stings, insect bites, ringworm, cold sores and cracked lips.
- The leaf is easily broken open and the sap rubbed directly onto the area.
- You can also make a warm poultice of the mashed up leaf and apply directly to the area.
- An infusion can be made from a few leaves thrown into a cup of boiling water. The strained drink is then taken to treat colds, coughs and arthritis.
Price per pack of 10 seeds :